• There are many heavy metals that people are exposed to regularly without realizing it. Mercury, cadmium and aluminium, among others, are able to imbed themselves into our central nervous systems and bones, bio-accumulating for years until we start to suffer acute health problems from heavy metal poisoning. Fortunately, there is a simple one-two combination that helps to chelate heavy metals so they are no longer circulating in the body: cilantro and chlorella.
Chelating agents are those that bind to heavy metal toxin ions and are then removed from the body through our regular excretory channels. Pharmaceuticals like 2,3-dimercaprol have long been the mainstay of chelation therapy for lead or arsenic poisoning, but they have serious side effects. The simple and proper dose of cilantro (Chinese parsley) and chlorella, however, is a powerful chelator for numerous heavy metals.
Cilantro is best used in conjunction with chlorella because [according to Dr. George Georgiou] it “mobilizes more toxins than it can carry out of the body; it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals that were previously stored in safer hiding places.” This can cause retoxificaiton if another binding agent isn’t used. People who have eaten large salads daily full of cilantro have experienced this effect – moodiness, terrible acne, joint pain and more. While they were mobilizing heavy metals, they weren’t all excreted from the body fast enough, which meant they were detoxing and toxifying themselves at the same time.
Simply by adding chlorella – an intestinal absorbing agent – the retoxificaiton of the system is prohibited. Clinical studies completed recently proved that heavy metal chelation [using cilantro and chlorella] can naturally remove an average of 87% of lead, 91% of mercury and 74% of aluminium from the body within 42 days.
The properties of chlorella lend themselves nicely to aiding cilantro for detoxifying the body:
- Chlorella is antiviral.
- It binds to dioxins and other environmental toxins.
- It repairs the body’s detoxification functions.
- Improves glutathione – the bodies ‘master’ antioxidant.
- Binds to heavy metals exceptionally well.
- Alpha and gamma lineolic acids in chlorella help increase the intake of fish oil and other important fatty acids.
- Methyl-coblolamine repairs the nervous system and damaged neurons, which often suffer from heavy metal poisoning.
- Chlorella contains the most easily absorbed form of B12 and B6.
- Chlorella is high in amino acids and thus ideal for vegetarians.
- Chlorella is able to open cell walls, which is necessary for detox processes.
- Chlorella restores healthy gut flora.
Cilantro has its own chelation benefits:
- Highly effective metal toxin binding agent and mobilizer.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Increases HDL cholesterol and decreases LDL.
- Prevents gas and bloating.
- Wards off urinary tract infections.
- Eases hormonal swings during menopause and menstruation.
- Can reduce nausea.
- Adds fibre to the digestive tract – an effective bulking agent.
- Fights anemia with high levels of iron and magnesium.
- Reduces minor swelling.
- Promotes liver health.
- Can be used as an expectorant.
As a final note, just be sure your magnesium levels are high before starting any serious chelation program since this trace mineral helps to promote ‘relaxed’ arteries and can make elimination of toxins easier on the body.
Source: naturalsociety.com Christina Sarich has broken numerous health-related news stories, including the fraud and lies told by “Big Food” and Biotech.